Bank Cleaning: Trusting a Financial Institution Cleaning Company
Financial institutions house extremely sensitive information. To that end, you need to make sure whatever commercial cleaning company you hire conducts adequate background checks on its employees. In addition, you must be sure to use a company with proper licensing and insurance.Things to Consider when Hiring a Commercial Cleaner
You have a number of considerations when outsourcing the cleaning and janitorial services for a bank. This includes:
- Background checks: Does the company conduct federal and/or criminal background checks on any employee assigned to clean financial institutions? This crucial step helps ensure the trustworthiness of anyone working in your facility.
- Multiple locations: If your bank has multiple branches, hiring a single company to service each location may be preferable. When obtaining quotes for services, make sure the company can handle multiple facilities. You may also want the cleaning company's representative to tour each branch with you.
- Insured and bonded: Before hiring any cleaning company, make sure it has proper licensing and insurance. This protects you from any damages occurring while the company's cleaning crews work on your property. In addition, ask if the company's employees are also bonded.
Answering these questions helps you narrow down your choices as you obtain quotes for servicing your bank. In addition, you ensure you hire a trustworthy company deserving of your business.
The Benefits of Outsourcing Cleaning
The reality is that appearance plays a large role in how customers judge your business. Your clients have four basic cleanliness expectations for your facility:
- It has good lighting
- It looks clean
- It smells clean
- Restrooms are fully stocked and well-maintained
Proper maintenance is a key component in building client trust in your bank. It also shows your customers that you care about them, and raises their confidence in your institution and its employees. Commercial cleaners have the proper training and tools to create this environment.
Requesting a Quote: What to do First
Pricing for commercial cleaners varies widely, based on such factors as building size, location, and your cleaning needs. Some companies charge hourly, some charge by the square foot, while others charge a flat rate.
To get an accurate estimate, first take the time to answer five basic questions:
- Do you have any special cleaning requests? This might include bathrooms, carpet cleaning schedule, etc.
- How many square feet is your bank? If requesting a quote for multiple branches, total the square footage of each.
- How often do you want them to clean?
- How old is your building, and what kind of condition is it in?
- What is the average daily traffic of your facility?
Deep cleaning tasks, such as cleaning bathrooms and polishing floors, often come with a higher price tag.
This is your negotiation period, so make sure all of your questions are answered before signing anything. In addition, do not sign a contract that does not include a cancelation clause in the event you are unhappy with the company's services.
Finding a Commercial Cleaner
If you're ready to find your commercial cleaning company, compile your answers to the five questions and request a free quote today. Compare the estimates from at least three firms, including each company's background check policies, insurance, and licensing.
Get Bids From Bank Cleaners
Use our free request for quote tool and get price quotes from multiple bank cleaners in your area. There are no obligations to hire and we won't ask for your credit card information.